Love Story? What Love Story?
I’ve never had a relationship. Almost 21 years old and I’m still a Single Pringle, though that statement is void when you really think about the logistics of the tube. Throughout the years I have had but one admirer and I messed that one up. And I’ve never had the guts to ask out the few guys who I’ve really liked. So up until now, my love story consists of a few screwed up bits of paper that missed the bin when I threw them over my shoulder.
But I began a new story about five weeks ago. So far all I have is the introductory chapter plus a couple to set the scene. It’s not a story that I can write a preface for, because although I’m pretty sure of how it’s going to end – and yes it would resemble something like the previous stories – this one is full of surprises. Every time I go to to tear up the piece of paper, the character throws a curveball at me that makes me hesitate and write a little bit longer.
This story is entitled Battleships – M24.
The chapters I have already set in proverbial stone are these:
In this chapter I find myself beginning the game of Battleships by choosing my target and aiming. I chose M24. I found the mark for the first time.
This chapter sees a second hit on the five-peg-length crate carrier.
3. Strike Three
A well-deserved, albeit unexpected, third strike with M24.
And I suppose this post suggests the fourth chapter: Love Story? The fact that I instantly thought of M24 when I saw the words “think of your longest relationship” must mean something, right? I’m no longer considering him as someone I can talk to over the internet who actually wants to speak to me. I am now seeing him as potential boyfriend material. This is no longer a mere conversation, this is something else. Something more.
Tomorrow I begin chapter five.
The First Date?
I am not yet sure if what we are doing is a date. I guess I’ll ask him that when we meet. But tomorrow I am going to meet M24 for the first time. He is traveling to Plymouth, we are going to walk around in the sunshine, and then I am going to take him to my favourite cafe/restaurant and buy him anything of his choice. I am both excited and terrified.
They say write what you know, but until you find out, how can you write? Tomorrow I begin my research.
Other love stories:
- Swirling in the Time of Internet | Kosher Adobo
- Daily Prompt: That’s Amore- The Psychology of Changes in Love | Journeyman
- Princess | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Missing that tune | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Eddie And Flipper, Reverse Revolution | The Jittery Goat
- If you love to walk | Услуги переводчика – английский язык
- Too Good To Be True | Ventures | WANGSGARD
- Too Good To Be True | Musings | WANGSGARD
- passion | yi-ching lin photography
- Love And Linger – A Vibrational Experience | Shrine of Hecate – Ramblings of a New Age Witch
- you leave | y
- DP Daily Prompt: That’s Amore | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: That’s Amore | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Daily prompt: Amore | The Wandering Poet
- This one is easy. | What?????
- Daily Prompt: That’s Amore « Mama Bear Musings
- Michael [Poem] [reblog] | She Writes
- Daily Prompt: That’s Amore | cockatooscreeching
- Start Cueing Up the 1812 Overture, Here Come the Fireworks… | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- how we met, fell in love, broke up, got back together, had a baby & got married | the hilarious pessimist
- That’s Amore Haiku | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
Love Story? What Love Story? | jigokucho
- She Loved Me First ::E.N.Howie’s Motivational Moments
- okay. | a study in coincidences.
- My non-relationship relationship related entry! | thoughtsofrkh
- If One Day Love Comes Along… | B.Kaotic
- HOW IT BEGAN, HOW IT CONTINUES | SERENDIPITY
- ‘I’ve got a safety-pin stuck in my heart…’ My Amour since 1977… | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- A LIFE BORN FROM MUD | Hastywords