Sunshine Blog Award
Firstly, a big thanks to Matt over at The Little Engine that Couldn’t for this (and for helping figure out how this post should work).
1) Cats vs dogs?
Dogs. Every time dogs. I don’t mind kittens so much, but once they hit puberty they develop the evil gene. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared of cats. I’ve crossed to the other side of the path to pass them before.
2) Favorite Harry Potter book?
I haven’t read the books in a long time so it’s hard to say. I definitely preferred the third film, so until I can read the series again to know for sure, I’ll say Prisoner of Azkaban.
3) Who is your favorite villain?
I always liked The Riddler and Poison Ivy from Batman. And if anyone has watched Bleach, Ulquiorra Cifer the arrancar was beautiful in an evil-bad-guy-that-I-wish-didn’t-die kind of way. And Loki’s cool too – but though he commits villainous acts, is he really a villain at heart?
4) What’s your least favorite book/movie that everyone else seems to love?
Admittedly I haven’t read/seen it so perhaps I would enjoy it more than I think, and I may have the idea of the story wrong (please correct me if I am) but I never liked the idea of ‘The Hunger Games’. I think this is because, in my mind, I always thought it was like the Japanese ‘Battle Royale’ which I watched – and loved – before ‘The Hunger Games’ came about. The plot of ‘The Hunger Games’ always sounded too much like ‘Battle Royale’ for me so I never read/watched it. If I’m wrong and it is indeed different then by all means correct me – maybe it’s worth me giving it a go.
5) How are you doing?
Not too bad, thank you for asking. Except that sleeping at home these last few days, and returning to my own bed last night, has caused me to potentially trap a nerve in my shoulder/neck. Movement today has been somewhat painful but I’m too lazy to register with the doctors to get it looked at. It’s better now than when I first woke up though, so here’s to hoping it’ll go away soon!
6) Who is your favorite side-villain?
I feel rather uncultured/uneducated with this question as I’m not actually aware of the names of any side villains.
*Goes to Google Search*
Google you suck. I did see Harlequin’s name come up, and though I have only ever seen pictures of this character, she look pretty badass. But on going through my DVD case I am ashamed to have not thought of this sooner. My favourite side-villain(s) are the minions of Despicable Me.
7) Why do you blog?
I wanted to get back into writing. I’ve loved writing since I was 12 but went through a period of two or three years where, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t write. At least not without great difficulty. I managed a Dante-inspired piece to get me a B in college, and just about managed to whip up some poetry and short stories for my creative writing uni course last year, but writing for fun had become a chore. So I decided to blog. I figured, if I couldn’t invent a character and a plot, I would be the character and write the plot as it happened in my own life.
8) Have you ever tried skiing?
I haven’t. Is it good? I have a slight fear of falling, so it’s put me off the idea of sliding uncontrollably down a snow-covered hill, but there is an indoor ski slope here in Plymouth. If enough people dare me to, perhaps I’ll try it.
9) What Hogwarts house are you?
10) Do you prefer 1st person POV or 3rd person POV?
I like reading both – I think they both have their own unique attributes that makes a story good in their separate ways. In terms of writing, my book is in first person which I like because I can get into the minds of my characters, so I guess I’d say I prefer this style. However I still appreciate the third person POV.
11) What is your favorite Christmas Special (for any TV show)?
I don’t actually know a great many Christmas specials but I would have to go with any of the Big Bang Theory Christmas episodes.
11 facts about me:
1. I can’t swallow tablets so for pain relief I have to use Calpol (the box says it’s for six year olds but I still think it works).
2. I just bought a dark green chequered shirt. It has a hood. I’m in love with it already.
3. I love drawing. Particularly people. I’m about half finished on a drawing of a poster for the anime Death Note.
4. I have two sisters (Heather who is 18 and Jacquiline who is 22) and a best friend who might as wells be a brother (Scott, also known to me as Eagle, Severin, Scottford and Captain).
6. My Dad spelt my sister’s name wrong on the birth certificate which is why it is spelt ‘Jacquiline’ and not Jacqueline’. I think my Dad’s way makes more sense anyway.
5. I’m already running out of things to say.
7. I do not watch Doctor Who. Please don’t hurt me.
8. Did you notice I put 5 and 6 the wrong way around? You probably did. I’m terrible at jokes.
9. I own over 20 hats including a number of fedoras, trilbys and beanies. I also have 3 ‘baker-boy’ caps, two cowboy hats and a cap I designed myself for a fake concert (an inside joke to Iron Maiden fans).
10. I somehow went just over two months without eating a single vegetable except for the tiny dried shreds of broccoli in the packet pasta meals I love.
11. I’m vegetarian.
1) Favourite blog post you’ve ever done?
2) What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
3) What is your opinion on Christmas?
4) Your preferred means of writing? (I.e pen and paper, laptop, iPad)
5) One blogger you would recommend to others?
6) What is your guilty pleasure book/film?
7) Football (soccer) or rugby (American football)? Or something else?
8) The last book/film that made you cry?
9) Favourite meal and why?
10) Is there a form of writing you’ve never tried but would like to (i.e poetry, biography, travel writing)?
11) How does it feel knowing people all over the world are visiting, reading, and following your blog?
Edit: I’m aware that I didn’t understand how this award worked before I did this, and am annoyed at myself for forgetting to post the instructions to the people I nominated. So as an addition to the original post, here are the rules as told me by my nominator (is that a word?):
The rules for the Sunshine Blog Award are:
-You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post.
-Post 11 random facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 bloggers. If you can’t think of 11 bloggers, you could nominate a lower number.
-Write 11 questions for them to answer
-Let the nominated blogger know you have nominated them.